Essential oils are a very popular natural medicine. Essential oils support the body as the body balances and heals itself. Essential oils do not carry as many contraindications or side effects as pharmaceuticals, making them a good choice during pregnancy and beyond. Be sure to discuss your use of essential oils with a trusted care provider as the information here shall not be considered medical advice.
1. Lavender - Lavender is often associated with calming and restfulness, but it also has many other uses. Try lavender when dealing with morning sickness, leg cramps, sore muscles, stretch marks, sore breasts, or water retention.
2. Peppermint - Not only is peppermint a great oil for alertness, but it is also a digestive soother. Peppermint might be helpful if you have morning sickness, constipation, or heartburn. Other applications for peppermint include sore muscles, hemorrhoids, and possibly encouraging a breech baby to turn.
3. Cypress - Cypress is a great oil for circulation. As such, it is great for leg cramps, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, and swelling.
4. Orange - That unmistakable smell when you peel an orange comes from the essential oil in the peel. Enjoy this uplifting aroma when you are fatigued or feeling blue. It might also soothe morning sickness and heartburn.
5. Lemon - Lemon is another oil that might be helpful when dealing with morning sickness. Also consider this oil for varicose veins, constipation, swelling, and fatigue.
Disclaimer – I am not a trained aromatherapist. I have studied essential oils as personal interest. Essential oils are very potent. The source of your oils is a big factor in safety. I have decided to use DoTerra for my family because of the in depth multi-stage testing to guarantee safety, potency, and purity. If you would like information on how to purchase and use DoTerra essential oils, please contact me.